Pat Pending 5,806,9000

A home owner from Schaumburg, IL says:
I need to replace several vent latches on my windows. The latch I removed is Pat Pending 5,806,9000 with an 8 above it. Will your 26-362 work? It looks identical to the ones I need to replace.
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

I couldn't cross-reference this patent number with a particular vent latch in our inventory. You would need to carefully review the specifications and see how they compare with your old vent latch. If they match up you should be good to go!

You are also more than welcome to upload a photo of your hardware for us to review. 

A home owner from Schaumburg, IL says:
I have uploaded pictures of the vent latch I am trying to replace. The Pat Pending No. is 5,806,900 with an 8 above it. Will your 26-362 latch work? It looks identical. Also, how do you get the vent latch out without breaking the tip off as I have done as shown in the picture?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1670.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1673.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Our 26-362 should indeed work for you as long as the specifications match up. To remove the vent latch, you'll need to slide a putty knife under the lip of the vent lock and force it out from the sash. You should note, however, that some vent locks can't be removed without breaking them. That's just how they're designed for some reason.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.