Patio Door Handle

A home owner from Las Vegas says:
Lock broke closed. Will need a replacement. And need to know how to remove. No accessible screws.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9255DB44-3E6F-4541-961F-645F146B5CDC.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 22920F8B-7674-41D2-8CCC-99D30317D388.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7C859513-CA1E-45CC-8320-3BE3D487BB56.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5F922229-D272-4F46-9D40-3DC1D74072C7.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2EEDE12A-136F-432B-A54A-00C169DF05EC.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! Although your handle set has a knob on the top of them, I believe there may be a replacement handle I can recommend to you. I'll just need to know the position of your thumb lever tail to confirm. 

You will likely need to uninstall the handle to confirm, however, is the lever in the middle of the handle set, between the installation holes? Or is the lever at the top.

If you are unsure, please send a photo of the handle set uninstalled from the door.

Thanks so much for responding. This is killing me. I can't remove handle. The screws are inaccessible. A locksmith tried to remove. Couldn't. I need suggestions how to remove the handle.

The thumb knob is at the top of the handle. You can see the stub where it broke off in the second picture. Note: the thumb knob wouldn't turn at all and I broke it off trying to turn it.

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you are having with the door. Have you attempted to remove the two screws on the side of the handle.

Looking at your handle it's similar to our 82-081 handle with the 82-108 mounting plate. I can see the "side" mounting screws in your photos. I suggest removing those screws to take the face part of the handle off the door to expose the mounting plate.

I do see that the frame of the door may make that difficult, however, those would be the screws you would need to remove to uninstall the handle from the door.

Thanks again, but as stated above "The screws are inaccessible. A locksmith tried to remove them for an hour. Couldn't. I need suggestions how to remove the handle."

Thanks for your continued assistance,
Dan

You may need to have a handyman or a contractor come and cut the handle set off the door, unfortunately.

The screws are the only way to access the handle set to get it removed from the door. I do apologize we can't provide you with a better solution.

A home owner from California says:
One of the screws of an exactly similar milgard patio door is lost after falling in the gap (where the latch like hooks go) after the plate fell off. Looks like the spring is gone too. I am looking for the spring that backs the screw, and the screw itself. Would you happen to have these in stock?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6183.jpeg

We do not carry an exact match for the keep you have but it does look pretty similar to our 89-036. Look over the dimensions below and compare them to your existing part to determine if this is the right fit. See what you think!

Alternate image for 89-036
Alternate image for 89-036

Additional dimensions for 89-036
Additional dimensions for 89-036

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.