Patio Sliding Door Handle by Sash Controls Inc.

A home owner from Cicero, NY says:
The inside door handle broke after 50+ years of use. The handle was manufactured by Sash Controls Inc. The handle
is aluminum and doesn't extend far from the door so the screen can pass past it. The handle measures 7 7/8 inches and the part that attaches to the door measures 6 1/8 inches. The actual handle can be unscrewed from the attachment portion. So all that I need is the actual handle.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. The 'Sash Controls' brand is associated with a few different handle varieties. To be safe, can you send us pictures of the old handle set and any lock it interacts with? I want to be sure we know precisely what you're working with, and be able to offer any substitutes in the event we don't have an exact match. We'll do our best to assist you from there. Many thanks.

Sorry for the delay in replying. We had family visit ans a mini- vacation.Photos are attached.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail-1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail-2.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Hello again! This handle looks like a match for either our 82-003 (3-15/16" hole center spacing) or the 82-055 (3-1/2" hole center spacing). I think one of these will work for you depending on your own handle's hole spacing.

We have 3-15/16" hole center spacing, therefore would require the 82-003 part number. But before ordering I have to know that the handle projects no more 1-1/2" in from the door. The door screen slides inside the door itself by exactly this measurement. Thank you.
Profile picture of Bob

Sure thing! Going back to measure this, the 82-003 has a projection height of 1-5/8". Hopefully this information helps.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.