Patio door handle clamp mechanism broken

A home owner from GA says:

Hi. My local Home Depot rep was able to tell me my door is a Swisco & I need help bad. The clasp will not pop out when you flip the handle to unlocked anymore. This is the only back door to our yard & we use it multiple times a day for our dogs.

Please help me find a replacement clamp to change out to so I can keep using the handle I have. I did try purchasing a new one on Amazon and while the holes lined up, the clasp did not stretch far enough to reach the door frame piece to clasp onto in order to close.

Thank you so much!!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Surface Mount Handle
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Patio Door Handle
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Patio Door
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Door Width
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I'm sorry to say that this is not a Swisco brand door. We often carry replacements for a wide variety of different brands however we do not manufacture or sell patio doors.

Unfortunately, we do not carry an exact replacement for your existing patio door handle set but we do have a few that may be worth considering as a replacement. Although, you will need to consider that these would require drilling new installation holes to install them, especially since your handle set appears to have a 3-15/16" hole measurement.

Take a look at our 82-082 which has an installation hole measurement of 4-15/16" and our 82-060 which has a 3" measurement. Carefully look over their dimensions and design to determine if either of them could work as a suitable replacement for your existing handle set.

Alternate image for 82-060
Alternate image for 82-060

Dimensions for 82-082
Dimensions for 82-082

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.