Patio screen door latch

A home owner from Wichita Falls, Texas says:
The one I purchased is too thick. Spring inserts behind slide, instead of in slide. Seems slide is hallow inside. Left side is in picture but right is broken. Larsen - storm screen patio door I believe is manufacturer but purchased over 10 years.
Would like to replace latch or find new storm window insert.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16832459384263220111936718792627.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0504231916a.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0504231916b.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0504231917.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0504231917a.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! We do not carry an exact match for the Larson storm door window latch you have here but our 91-140 might be worth considering as a replacement. Take a look over the design and dimensions, compare them to your existing latch to the best of your ability. See if they might be a fit.

Alternate image for 91-140
Alternate image for 91-140

Alternate view of 91-140
Alternate view of 91-140

Alternate view of 91-140
Alternate view of 91-140

A home owner from Wichita Falls, Texas says:
How would I measure the notch that goes into the door? the one i previously order is too thick and will not hold the window in place because it does not go into the latching hole.

this looks promising. I will order two and hopefully be able to get the glass to work

Thank you
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

You'll need to use the diagrams provided above. Each photo shows three different angles of the latch. The first is, of course, the length of your latch. The second photo shows the measurements for the end that goes into the door, and the third the "bridge" that gets installed inside the frame.

Be sure to carefully review each measurement to confirm that it will work.

To place the order for these latches, you'll need to use the website. If you need assistance with placing the order, you may call to speak with a member of our customer service team. They can be reached at (888) 991-1929, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm EST.

How to install a window screen latch
How to install a window screen latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.