Pella patio door latch

A home owner from Massachusetts says:
Hello, I bought a Pella patio door replacement latch 82-253, it fit my lock system and door handle. However, in order to lock the door I have to flip the latch upwards. its already up with the door unlock, this making it impossible to lock the door. I think I need the latch in reverse in order for it to function, is that possible? I am not sure if I am explaining this clear enough but thanks in advance See attached picture.

Thanks again
Jo.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image4.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Jo. It sounds like you might have wanted the 82-252 instead. This is for an OX operated door, rather than the 82-253 which is for an XO operated door.

XO and OX basically tell you how the door operates when viewed from the outside; the X is the moving panel and the O is the stationary panel. In other words, if your stationary panel is on the left and the moving panel is on the right, you want our 82-252.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.