Pella screen door does not latch

A quick learner from USA says:
Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named processed-7bdf9eff-520f-4605-9481-36a951444af9_oEY
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named processed-ed120ee7-6775-40ae-8798-aa39dd4a2a22_Djc
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! This looks like it could be a match for the Pella 83-123. I think this may be what you want, but please look it over and let me know if you had any questions.

Alternate image for 83-123
Alternate image for 83-123

Hello
I purchased the 83-123 and the 83-115
After installing the new parts the screen latch does not latch
the 83-115 does hook on the door frame
And the latch knob does not limp
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 169359640963220285814352462803.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16935964508837243240350599197066.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with these parts. Can you go into more detail as to exactly what's happening? I don't quite understand what you've described. You said that the 83-115 does engage with the door frame. With that in mind, what issue are you having that's preventing the door from latching?

the latch does not catch into the door frame
it does not come out far enough from the screen door to catch the door frame
Also the latch knob is very limp
it is recessed into the screen door frame
Should there be a spring to make it retract?
Profile picture of Tom

Ah, I think I understand the problem. Yes, there is a spring built into the door itself, specifically in a small metal box inside the frame. This is what allows the latch to be retracted and snap back into place.

The bad news is that neither the spring, nor the box that contains it, are sold separately or are meant to be repaired in any way. You could contact Pella directly to see if this is something they'd be able to supply to you, but in my experience they are rarely willing to do so. Odds are they might suggest that you buy a new door entirely.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. I really wish we could get that spring, but it's just not possible.

How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.