Pile weatherstripping ID

A quick learner from Albany, ny says:
Hi, I'm looking to replace a lot of pile weatherstripping. Looks like the base and height are both about 9/32", which matches one of your (many) options - just wanted to verify in case there's anything unusual about the channel or configuration. I removed the spring-loaded thing that keeps the window in the channel but the weatherstripping still didn't seem to want to pull out easily, so I'm wondering if I also need to remove something on the bottom of the window? Advice and part suggestions greatly appreciated - thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named w2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named w1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named w3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named w4.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I don't see anything unusual about the wool pile channel, or the pile itself. As long as the width and base measure 9/32" square then you should be able to use our 58-022 without issue.

As for removing it, it should just slide out. If yours seems stuck then there could be a couple explanations why: the first and most common being that whoever installed it in the first place used glue to keep it in place. A lot of people do this, which is frustrating because it makes replacement more of a headache. There's no real solution to that besides doing your best to break the adhesive and pulling the pile out as carefully as you can.

The other explanation is that the edges of the channel are crimped; or, to put it another way, the edges of the channel are pinched inward to hold the pile in place. Look carefully along the edge of the channel for any evidence of this. If you see where it's pinched, you can use a pry bar to gently--but firmly--uncrimp each spot. The pile should then safely pull out.

Profile view of 58-022
Profile view of 58-022

A quick learner from Albany, ny says:
Thank you!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You're welcome! Please feel free to reach out if you had any other questions.

How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.