Pivot Bar

A quick learner from Rochester NY says:
Hello, I have a window that needs to pivot bars. It will not stay open and when I compared it to the sister window, I could see that is what is missing.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to look into this for you but we will need a bit more information to get started. We would need to see an original pivot bar removed from an identical window in the house that uses the same hardware to compare to our inventory. See the related videos on this page to help you through the process. Thank you! 

Great! I will get a picture for you once I am home later today. Thank you!
Do I need to remove the bar completely from the working window?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6F012AC9-503E-4AD5-A129-55781AF38C08.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BEDC4B0A-02F6-40EC-A230-C67B4F4BDDC6.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

I can't be sure with the part still installed but the flared end of your pivot bar reminds me of the 26-368 below. With that being said, it looks like our elongated installation holes may be more centered than yours. That may not be a problem as long as one installation hole will work with our pivot bar. Take a look and see what you think. 

Dimensions for 26-368
Dimensions for 26-368

I am actually going to see if I can remove the bar today. To be sure. I will let you see what I find once I do.
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.