Pivot Bar

A home owner from Hamilton, NJ says:
I need replacement pivot bars for a silver line upper window sash. I don't know the window model number but the pivot bar part number is 1054. First I tried swisco part number 26-400. Didn't fit. The screw holes didn't line up. The I tried part number 26-369. The holes lined up but the flare was too wide. Next I tried part number 26-412. I thought this was the winner. Same length as the original, same flares, and the holes line up. The problem is the holes are too big. The screws go right threw and can't connect to the pivot bar. So, the part I need is the same as 26-412 but with smaller screw holes.
Any suggestions?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Without seeing your original pivot bar I can't say what you actually need. That said, if the 26-412 is a dead ringer, then it sounds like the right option. Now, this problem comes up now and then with replacement pivot bars. Just using different screws should do the trick. A #8 x 1/2" screw like our 33-022 should work just fine with the 26-412. If this is by chance the size of the old fasteners in your window though, let me know, and some pictures of the pivot bar would be helpful as well.  

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.