Pivot Bar Help

A quick learner from 46112 says:
Hi, I just need one of these pivot bars to fix the broken one currently in our window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200128_182358.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200128_182432.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200128_182533.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200128_182548.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200128_182636.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. We don't have a pivot bar exactly like this, but we will do our best to find a match. Can you just tell me the distance between the center of the first screw to the front tip of the pivot bar? Can you also show me a picture of the pivot shoe where this installs?

Thanks for the reply. As best I can measure, it is 1 1/4" from the outside edge of the head to the center of the first hole. I think you are right, in that something close to this would probably work just fine.

I have attached a picture of the pivot shoe as well.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot Shoe.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for getting back to us. For the pivot bar, I need you to tell me the distance from the tip that goes into the pivot shoe to the screw hole you are using. The way you used the tape measurement on the photos makes it a little hard to make out. If you can give us that measurement, we can proceed from there. Many thanks.

As best I can measure, it is 1 1/4" from the outside edge of the head to the center of the first hole.
Profile picture of Paul

Great, thank you! Your balance is kind of a weird setup. For one thing, it's installed backwards compared to most balances, though that seems to be intentional considering I can read the stamp normally. I'm not sure why the original installers did that.

Either way, your shoe closely resembles our 15-195. With that in mind, this shoe is mostly used with pivot bars like our 26-443. This just so happens to have a hole that's only 1-1/4" from the front tip. Look it over and let me know what you think. I think it's a promising candidate.

I agree, the 26-443 looks like it should work just fine. I placed an order for it just now. Thanks so much for all of your help.
Profile picture of Paul

You're welcome. Be sure to get back in touch with us and let us know how everything worked out for you. 

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.