Pivot Shoe Replacement Suggestions

A home owner from Syracuse, NY says:
Hi, I have multiple broken pivot shoes from vinyl windows built in the mid 90s. The windows use spiral balances and the shoes all look the same.

I've looked through the parts list and it looks like I need 15-015 based on the thickness dimension of 17/32" but I'm concerned because the part I have doesn't look like the part on your site. There are others that look the same as mine but don't match the 17/32" thickness I need (measured mine and they're exactly 0.532").

Any suggestions on what the right part would be?

Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivot shoe black cam
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us. Even though the thickness is slightly heavier on the 15-046, many service people have used the 15-015 and 15-046 in the same type of window. I think you would be fine with 15-046.

A home owner from Syracuse, NY says:
Hi Paul, thanks for the information. If I'm doing my math right the 15-046 is 1/32" thinner than the part I'm replacing (which is 17/32"). Will the brake on the 15-046 extend out enough to make up the extra 1/32" and create enough friction to hold the sash in place when pivoted out for cleaning?

Thanks,
Bob
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Yes, the back brake of the 15-046 will extend and lock the shoe in place.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.