Plain Channel Balance for Aluminum Window

A home owner from Bethlehem PA says:
28" Long x 1/2 " Wide x 5/8 " deep
Plain Channel Tilt Window Balance
Has a 27a marking stamped into the top

Also looking for pivot shoe replacement (ill submit a second request with picture of pivot shoe)
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230824_095216.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230824_095315.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230824_095329.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230824_095312.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230824_095258.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your patience while we look into this. You have a very old style balance that is unfortunately not made anymore. The good news is that we can still supply an adequate replacement by using different parts assembled together as a custom order.

To be more specific, we would use our plain channel Series 770 but with the bottom clip swapped out for our 15-036 double hook. Does that look good to you?

Before we go any further, I'll need a few pieces of information from you. To start, can you tell me the exact weight of the sash, down to the ounce? Our new balances have a somewhat different calibration compared to the old style so we need to recalculate how much tension to give the spring. Knowing the sash weight would allow us to do that.

Can you also tell me how many balances you needed altogether?

A home owner from Bethlehem PA says:
Thank you for your patience. The sash weighs 8lbs 15 ounces. I would like to replace all the balances at once for both my windows, so I'd like to purchase 4 balances.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Great, thank you! In that case, we can use the 28A stamp option. Two units working together can carry 7 through 12 pounds, so that should be perfect for your sash weight.

I'll go ahead and email you a custom purchase link and price quote now. This will allow you to add these assemblies to your cart so that you can checkout as normal.

To reiterate from the top, we're using an S770-28 channel balance with a 28A stamp and with the bottom clip swapped out for our 15-036 double hook. We believe this will work as a suitable alternative to your old, discontinued assembly.

Please feel free to reach out if you had any questions!

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.