Plastic piece on side of window sash

A home owner from Jersey City says:

Hello,

There is a plastic piece at the top of the side of the sash, that holds down the balance when the window is lowered. That piece is broken: so the balanceon that side just pops thru when the window is lowered.

I'd like to get a replacement piece.

Thank you!

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Looks like you need a top sash guide. We may be able to help, but I can't tell exactly what yours is. Would it be possible for you to remove it from the window and show me a clear picture of its front and side? Think of it like a mug shot. Can you also tell me its dimensions?

In the meantime, you can see our entire selection here. You very well may find a good replacement from this page.

A home owner from Jersey City says:
Thank you for identifying the piece! It is one inch wide, 1.5 inches long, and 0.6 inches deep. I could not get the good top sash guide out, but I've attached photos of the broken top sash guide.

Thanks again for your help; I look forward to hearing from you.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for the additional dimensions and photos. I believe our 18-057 top sash guide could be what you are looking for. Give it a glance and let us know what you think.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.