Pozzi window crank

A quick learner from Sonoma, CA says:
The crank screw on my Pozzi window came out. I can open the window but when I close it, the screw comes out. Can I tighten it somehow, or do I need a new crank? The windows are 16 years old.

Thank you

Chris

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5152.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5151.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Once the spline that the handle attaches to separates from the base, it is necessary to replace the entire operator. We should be able to help but we will need you to show us the operator with the window open so that the arms that move the sash are fully visible to compare to our inventory. Thank you! 

A quick learner from Sonoma, CA says:
Here you go.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5154.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5155.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us! Your operator resembles the 39-216 shown below. We also offer the opposite-handed version, the 39-217. Both operators can be used with the 39-107FK folding handle and cover kit. Take a look and let us know if you have any other questions. 

Dimensions for 39-216
Dimensions for 39-216

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.