Replace window channel balance

A home owner from Fort Myers FL says:
I have 4 different size windows each with its best own size channel balance. They are no tilt windows. I have attached pictures of the parts that were in the windows currently as well as the marking of the manufacturer (it?s on the wrong side so you have to read backwards). I can give dimensions if need of the windows and length of the sash or current balance. Please help me find replacements. Thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We can help replace these balances, however three out of these four will have to be specially made. Before we begin, I'd first like to confirm the Series. I see you were looking at our Series 370. Is this what you have?

Regarding these stamps, the three that need to be specially made are the 35DS37, the 35DS55L, and the 29DS48L. Can you tell me how many of each you need?

As for the 2950, this would just be a regular ol' S370-30 with a 2950 option. No special order needed.

Once I know how many you need of those three balances, I'll email you a special order link and price quote for each.

Hi Tom,

I'm not sure how to find out what series they are. How can I identify the series?

I'll need 4 of each. Your help is much appreciated!

Profile picture of Tom

The Series is determined by the nylon attachments on either end of the balance. The Series 370, for example, has a 19-004 at the top and 15-002 at the bottom. Are these what you have? If not, or if you aren't sure, please take a clear picture of both the top and bottom nylon attachment on your current balances and upload them here for us to see. Please make sure they are as undamaged as possible!

Once we have the Series figured out, I'll shoot over those order links.

15-004 shoes and 19-005 tops on all of them. Does that help?
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks again for waiting. That's a huge help, yes. We will be going with our Series 385 for these balances.

For the 2950 balance, I recommend our S385-30 with that same stamp. This doesn't have to be custom made, it's just one of our standard balances.

The same goes for the balance stamped 35DS37. This will be our S385-36 with a 3560 option. No need for a custom order!

The remaining two will have to be specially made. I will email you a special order link right now for 4 of the 35DS55L and 4 of the 29DS48L. Let me know if you have any questions!

Hey Tom, I don?t think I understand why we can?t get the standard 385 series option for all of them. Is it the weight that?s just too high? Forgive me for looking for a way not to pay 5x the normal price! I hope you understand.
Profile picture of Tom

Yep, it's because the strength of the spring exceeds any standard option. If you were to use a standard option balance for any of your springs, they would be too weak. Your window would fall down every time you tried to o pen them. Based on your stamps, all of your windows are exceptionally heavy.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.