Replacement Balances for Aluminum Windows

A handy person from Englewood, Forward says:
Hi,

I'm looking for help selecting the correct balance for my windows. I have 13 windows and want to make sure I order the right product. Photos are attached. Specifics as follow:

1. Width: 1/2"
2. Length: 35"
3. Top Shoe Width (Flange edge to flange edge): 3/4"
4. Bottom Shoe Width (Flange edge to flange edge): 3/4"
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Shoe back
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Shoe depth
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance stamp
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance top
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Top fitting
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We should be able to help but we would need to confirm the exact depth of your bottom fitting. We'll also need to know the exact weight of your window sash since the 3417 stamp code on your metal channel does not correspond to our balance strength options. Thank you! 

A handy person from Englewood, Florida says:
Thank you for the quick reply.

The depth of the bottom shoe is 1-1/4". Best I can tell the bottom shoe should be the 15-050.

Sash weight is 35 pounds.
Profile picture of Casey

Great, now we'll just need to confirm the exact number of balances you'd like to start with. Keep in mind that this will need to be a custom order since none of our stock balances come with the 15-050 bottom fitting. You're welcome to start with two balances to try in one window or we would be happy to send over an order link for 26 balances if your windows are single hung and only require two balances each. Just let us know how you'd like to proceed. 

Alternate view of 15-050
Alternate view of 15-050

Detail of 15-050
Detail of 15-050

Thanks, Casey. I would like to start with two balances and see how it works out.
Profile picture of Casey

Great, we just sent over your order link and price quote. Just let us know if you need anything else. 

Is there an easy way to order additional balances if these work?
Profile picture of Casey

You can just reply to this thread with the number of balances you'd like to order and we'll be happy to send you an updated link. 

The balances I received worked great. I bought two as a test and now I want to order them for the rest of the windows. Please quote as follows:

10 each per order 

12 each (Same top and bottom fittings as 224126) but 30" long and for a 31# sash

4 each (Same top and bottom fittings as 224126) but 24" long and for a 16# sash

Thank you.

Profile picture of Casey

I'm happy to hear that your replacement balances worked well. We just sent over updated order links and price quotes for the additional balances you requested. Thank you!

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.