Balances and clutchs 1986 Marvin Tilt Window

A home owner from Oregon, Ohio 43616 says:

Hi,

I have 7 Marvin Windows - all were installed in 1986 when we built the house. All are the same except the sizes. The sashes tilt inward and can be removed for cleaning.

Lets start with just 1 window:

The metal in the window is stamped with: "Marvin-01-IGCO r CBA 86" (see picture).

The Balances have "22 B.S.I." stamped on them both (see picture)

The Balances are 23 inches long.

The Clutches are Blue on this window (see picture).

I would like get parts to repair this window, then order parts for the rest.

1. Please provide part number(s) for the balances for this window.

2. What info do I need for the rest of the windows? (All have similar markings, but are different sizes. Hopefully I don't need to disassemble all of them.)

Thanks,

Ed 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231007_162847.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231007_163135.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231007_163236.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231007_162352.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231007_162421.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your channel balance resembles the S751-23. With that being said, your 22 stamp does not correspond to any of our strength options, so you'll need to weigh your sash to determine which option you'll need. There is a chart under the balance product description that explains how to choose your option based on the sash weight. 

How to measure the length of the Series 751 channel balance.
How to measure the length of the Series 751 channel balance.

As for the other balances in the house, assuming they're of identical construction other than the size, you can reasonably assume that they use the same type of balance. The length and stamps are variable but you can generally determine those without removing anything. 

The shoe design is another matter. If you have any suspicion that the other balance shoes may be a different style, you would need to remove the balance to compare to the 15-014

Dimensions for 15-014
Dimensions for 15-014

In short, it's up to you if you want to order a larger quantity assuming that the balances are all the same type based on the details you can see while the balance is still installed in the window. It is always a safer bet to remove each one to confirm the correct match, but isn't always necessary. 

A home owner from Oregon, Ohio 43616 says:
Thank you for your quick response.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

We're happy to help. Just let us know if you need anything else. 

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.