Replacement Latch

A quick learner says:
Good Morning,

Attached is a photo of good latch and broken latch. Do you have replacement latches?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Internal Tilt Latch
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Tilt Latch Actuator
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! Are you looking to replace just the thumb lever or are you looking to replace the entire latch? If you are looking to  replace just the thumb lever, I'll need to see a photo of it removed from the sash. I'll need to see the position and shape of the prongs on the bottom it.

If you are looking to replace the latch, I'll need to see a photo of the latch to completely remove from the sash. Take a look at the video tutorial below for reference.

A quick learner from Des moines iowa says:
Top and side view of our model. Both are broken. Do not see a screw on the side view. Looking for replacement parts.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240412_143558.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240412_143614.jpg

I'm sorry to say that I would not be able to supply you with a replacement for the latches you need without seeing a photo of the existing latch. Unfortunately, I am not able to use the photos you provided to properly identify them. Since your window does not have a screw, you can skip that step in the process.

The other repair recommendation we can give is the covert the sash to one that uses a surface mounted latch. For this we suggest using the 26-228 and 26-229 or one of the other surface mounted latches we have in our inventory. They can be viewed here.

Attached is additional photos. A latch that is not broke. Plus a picture of the broken latch h removed.

Can you send a picture of 26-228 and 26-229. Do I order on your website?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240419_194106.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240419_193941.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240419_193859.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240419_193843.jpg

Thanks for the photos. Its hard to get an idea of the exact latch you need from the photo of the broke latch. Unfortunately, it does not provide enough detail.

Here are the dimensions for the 26-228 and 26-229. Our entire selection of surface mounted latches can be viewed her. You'll find the dimensions for each of them on their respective webpage in the catalog.

Alternate image for 26-229
Alternate image for 26-229

From the last email, the first photo is the broken latch removed. The 3rd photo is the slot in the side of the windo it slides into. The 4th photo is a working top of the latch that you push with your thumb to move the latch.

The photos you sent has places for screws. Ours do not have any screws.

Yes, my apologies for the confusion. The 26-228 and 26-229 (or a similar style latch) are the next best replacement recommendation we have for your existing hardware. Unfortunately, we do not have a direct replacement for the latches you have.

If those latches are not a match, I would suggest taking a look at the other surface mounted latches here.

Take a look at the video tutorial for an idea on how to complete this conversion. I've included again for your review.

Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.