Replacement PGT roller

A contractor from sarasota, fl says:

I have many PGT Industries sliding patio doors which were installed new in 1988. I am in need of the roller sets for a couple of the doors. (2 for each door) I have found many online but they differ from mine in that the dimension between the end mounting 1/4-20 mounting hole and the adjusting screw on my rollers is 5/8"and I can find only rollers with 7/16" for that dimension.

My other dimensions are 11/16" wide, 3" long(not including roller) and 1" tall (also not including the rollers)

My roller has a single 1/4"-20 mounting screw on the end. It generally appears to be about the same shape and size of your 81-163 SS assembly. my roller is not stainless and I don't need stainless as long as I can get good quality sealed ball bearing type steel wheels.

Thank you,

Dave 

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Considering the dimensions are quite different from the 81-163, the odds are this is not what you have. We would need to see photos of your original roller removed from the door, which will allow us to determine if a better match is available. Thank you! 

Alternate image for 81-163
Alternate image for 81-163

The original tandem roller came out of the door in a pile of rust chards.
Profile picture of Casey

I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, PGT has used countless rollers in their doors over the years, so we won't be able to confirm what could work for you without seeing the original. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Casey, I have a couple of rollers that look promising but I need a 5/8" space hole to hole on the mounting bolt to adjusting bolt holes.
Your website doesn't have that dimension and that's the one I need.
Do you have that measurement for the 81-087, 81-166S and 81-158?
Profile picture of Casey

I pulled a few rollers from our inventory to check this measurement for you and, unfortunately, all three of the rollers that you picked out have about a 1/2" distance between the installation and adjustment hole centers. Also, these three rollers are very different styles and would be unlikely to work for your repair since there is no intact roller to use as a reference. I believe that your best bet would be to contact PGT directly to see if they have a record of the rollers used in your particular door. 

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.