Replacement Parts for Double Hung Window

A home owner from Oakland, CA says:
Hello:

I need to replace the parts in the attached photos. As far as I can tell, I have an Anlin double hung window (two distinct windows, one behind the other, both slide up and down, both have the ability to flip inward).

I need to replace this part on both the left and right. Two photos show the only parts I could salvage; one photo shows what I think is the other broken piece on the left side that's still attached in the window.

Based on the one marking (6L and 6R), I thought the replacement might be the following, but I could use assistance in confirming, or pointing me in the right direction.

https://www.swisco.com/6-lb-single/pd/Series-140-Quick-Tilt-Balance/S140-6

Thank you in advance for any advice you can provide.

Zak
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6L stamp housing
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0952.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there Zak.

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm afraid I can't say for certain if the Series 140 is the right part for your repair without seeing the pivot shoe. That's an important detail. We recommend you compare the style and specifications of the old shoe with the one our S140-6 uses. If they indeed match up, you should be good to go! 

Alternate image for S140-6
Alternate image for S140-6

Hi Emily:

Thanks very much for your reply. I apologize, but I don't know what the pivot shoe is. Based on what I'm seeing on this site, I'm guessing it's the 'bottom' piece of the entire unit? If yes, I'll take another look at my window to see if I can figure out if what I have matches up with the S140-6, or another piece. I'll also try to take another photo. Thanks again.

Zak
Profile picture of Emily

Yes! The pivot shoe is indeed the bottom portion in the photo above that measures 1-1/4" wide. 

No rush, I'll be here whenever you need me! 

Hi Emily:

Apologies for the delay circling back with you.

I've attached two photos of the pivot shoe (at least I'm pretty sure this is the pivot shoe). This is the bottom left side of the window.

Do these photos help to narrow down the replacement pieces?

Thank you again for your assistance!

Zak
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named white pivot shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named white pivot shoe
Profile picture of Emily

No worries, Zak! 

Yep, the part shown here is the pivot shoe. After seeing these new photos, I'm confident the Series 140 is what you want. You can place an order right on our website or by giving our customer service team a call at (888) 991-1929. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Thanks Emily. Again, appreciate your assistance in confirming the correct parts!

Take care.
Profile picture of Emily

I'm happy I could help. Good luck with the repair, Zak! 

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.