Replacement Tilt In Window Parts

A quick learner from Willow Grove, PA says:

Howdy,

I need the replacement parts above for what I believe are Simonton Reflection 5500 windows (not sure though). I need (6) of the plastic lower parts (IMG_6168 through IMG-6171) that receive the cam, and two sets of the top release latches (left and right) as pictured in IMG_6172. Please contact me via my email below. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Kindly,

Steve

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6168.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6169.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6170.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6171.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6172.jpg
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hi Steve, thank you for posting,

For the tilt latch, to further review, are you able to provide the length excluding the tab? 

Your balance is an older Simonton style that is no longer made. We recommend converting to the 15-259 pivot shoe and Series 159 coil springs. Please review the step by step video below that details the conversion and additional parts needed for the repair. 

Let us know what you think! 

Thanks for the quick response. I'll be ordering the recommended replacement parts. For the tilt latch, the length excluding the tab is 2-5/8" (see attached picture). If you have further questions, please advise. Otherwise, please let me know what the replacement option is for this part. Thank you!
Also, I see their are different lb ratings for the S-159 spring coils. What is the preferred/recommended lb rating for my window?
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Thank you,

Please review the 26-243 and 26-244 tilt latches to see how they compare to your original for a good fit! Let me know what you think! 

Alternate view of 26-243
Alternate view of 26-243

Profile view of 26-243
Profile view of 26-243

To determine the correct weighted coil needed, are you able to provide the weight of the window sash? The sash will need to be removed and placed on a bathroom scale. Thank you! 

How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.