Replacement Tilt Window Balances

A handy person from Rockledge, FL says:
I am looking to replace two window balances (one broken) on a tilt window that is original to our house (constructed in 2001). There are no marking on the original balance, but they are plastic tube 3/8" 30" length balances. The tips appear to be white, however, that particular color does NOT show up when I try to select the proper parts on the website. What are the chances that the tip color has faded?

The sash is rather large (~50" x ~31") and I would rather not remove it unless I absolutely have to (to weigh it). Any help is appreciated.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-4214.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-4213.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-4212.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-4211.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It sounds like you may be looking at the 3/8" diameter S900-30 spiral balance. The white tip shown in your photo is from an outdated weight system, so the sash weight would be the best way to confirm the correct strength option for your replacement balances. We'll relate a few videos to assist you. Thanks for posting! 

Red      10 to 22 lbs

Green   14 to 26 lbs

Yellow   24 to 34 lbs

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.