Replacement Window Coil Balance

A quick learner says:

Hello, I have an Alside Excalibur window that has both of the coil balances snapped, leaving the window very hard to keep up due to it's weight. I have uploaded both photos of the coil and the shoe. If you zoon in on the file IMG_2659, you will see a faint "10" inscribed on it. Can someone please provide me the right coil/shoe replacement part for both sides of the window?

Thank you in advance,

Chad

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot Shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Cover
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hi Chad, thank you for posting,

Your balance assembly resembles the 15-177 pivot shoe that is compatible with the Series 152 coil springs. Please review the dimensions below to confirm a good fit! 

Alternate image for 15-177
Alternate image for 15-177

We do not carry a 10 pound weighted spring. To move forward, are you able to provide the weight of the window sash? Thank you! 

A quick learner says:
Pardon my inexperience but what part of the window is the window sash? Is that the window piece that I attempt to life up and down which is quite heavy? Do I take that piece out and then weigh it?

Hello, 

Yes, the sash is the moveable part of the window that is lifted and closed to open the window. This part will need to be removed and placed on a bathroom scale to get the weight to confirm the correct strength of the coil springs needed to keep the sash open when lifted. Thank you! 

A quick learner says:
Thank you, we plan to take it out and weigh the sash to determine the weight and then will reply back to this thread. So far, however, we can conclude that we have the right parts for the springs and coil balance shoe?

Hello,

As long as the original was removed and measured to match the dimensions above, these parts should work well for your window. 

Once we have the window sash weight, we can determine the correct weighted springs to support the sash. 

A quick learner says:
Hello, I have weighed the window and confirmed it is 14 pounds. Based on that, please let me know the additional part numbers for the weighted springs.

Thank you,

For a 14 pound window, you can use (1) S152-7 coil spring on each side of the window. If you need a new coil support, please see the 15-143 bushing, 15-144 bushing cap and 15-145 support barrel. 

Please review and let me know if you have any additional questions! 

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.