Replacement coil

A quick learner from Oakland, CA says:
Hello

I'm looking for the right coils to replace 2 broken ones. Numbers I see are #9.0 35". Just want to double check that this means I need a coil with tension to support 9 pounds?

I also see some numbers that read: T9E2 Z

Thanks for you help!
Chris
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6595.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Chris! That's correct, that stamp tells me that your coil can hold 9 pounds by itself. These add up per spring, on both sides of the window, to give you the kind of tension you need to hold the sash up.

As for what the spring is, I can't say for sure. It resembles quite a few that we sell. I'd be happy to look into it for you but I'd need additional information. To start, I need you to measure the width of the band and tell me what you get. It should be either 3/8" or 1/2". I also need to see a clear photo of the pivot shoe.

A quick learner from Oakland, CA says:
Thanks for the quick response Tom.

Just measured the coil and its 1/2". Attached are a few more pictures of the pivot shoes on either side of the frame. Hopefully its detailed enough...
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6591 copy.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6592 copy.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Perfect, thank you! Seeing the design of your shoe, and knowing that the spring is 1/2", then I am very confident that our S160-9 coil spring is what you want. Each of these springs individually holds 9 pounds, as described above.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.