Replacement hardware for 1989 Marvin Window

A home owner from Colorado says:
Hello - I am in need of a replacement base piece with spindle for a 1989 Marvin casement window. The one Marvin sent me is on the left in the photo, but does not match the older style I have - and I actually believe the spindle for the crank is stripped so mainly need the base piece, not the handle. Color is bronze.

Thanks in advance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4828.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4831.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

It looks like the worm gear came out with the handle. When this happens it means the operator needs to be replaced. We can help but we will need you to open the window and show us a clear bird's-eye-view of the operator's arms in order to narrow down some options. 

Hello - thanks. Can't open that window as it won't close again, but here's a photo of the identical window which is next to the broken one.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4834.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

Perfect! Our 39-015 awning operator was the first part to come to mind. Have a look at the dimensions and see how they compare with your old operator assembly. 

Thank you - this does look like what I need - thank you.
Profile picture of Emily

No problem. Let me know if I can be of further assistance and good luck with the repair!

How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.