Replacement spring channels and replacement locks

A home owner from California says:

I didn't find any names, but the image with numbers hopefully provide what is needed. The last ones I purchased from you were perfect. These channels measured 28" long.

I also need two replacement locks. I think you carry these too?

Your help in so appreciated! ??

Bonnie  

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4259.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4264.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4265.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4263.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4269.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Bonnie. The sash lock looks possibly like either our 90-005 or 90-009. These locks are similar, except they have different locking tongues. Compare the diagrams below with your old hardware to determine if either of these locks match what you have.

Comparison of 90-005 and 90-009
Comparison of 90-005 and 90-009
Alternate image for 90-005
Alternate image for 90-005
Alternate image for 90-009
Alternate image for 90-009

The channel balances are likely either our S380-27 or S385-27. The only difference between these two balances is the depth of the bottom nylon shoe, or the 'heel-to-toe' measurement, so compare both with your old hardware to see what matches best. See the diagram below for reference. For a stamp option choose 2640.

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

Hi Bob the Builder! I can't believe it's you!! Yay!!

Ok, so it's looking like the 90-005 for the locks.

And I'm thinking it's 1" for the shoe measurement?? But I included the photo to see if I'm correct??
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4278.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4277.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us! Bob isn't here today but I will do my best to assist you. 

Starting with the lock, I don't think either the 90-009 or 90-005 will work. It looks like your installation holes are offset fairly deeply, so they won't align with the original placement. We actually only sell one lock with holes that offset, which would be our 90-313.

Dimensions for 90-313
Dimensions for 90-313

You'll note that this has a hook tab instead of a flat tab, but the shape won't matter in your case. It's not contoured or anything. I guess I'm more concerned with how large your tab is in general. It looks like it sticks out pretty far, but on the other hand  just eyeballing your first photo I'm thinking the 90-313 sticks out plenty far enough to engage with the top sash.

As for the balance shoe depth, that's tougher to say. It looks like it might be over 1" in total depth. Note that you're measuring the total depth, tip to tip. You also have to be mindful of the fact that these are nylon parts and therefore wear down over time from friction, so your size may be somewhat less than it once was. You may have to make some mental calculations to verify the better option.

Tom,

Thank you so much for spotting the screw placements. I ordered the ones you suggested. Thank you and Bob so very much for your help!!

Here's hoping I can figure the rest from here. Lol!

Have a great day!

Bonnie ?
Profile picture of Tom

You're very welcome, Bonnie! Best of luck with this project. We're of course always here to help if you needed it, too. 

I'll be sure to pass on your thanks to Bob next time he's in!

Tom,

Just wanted to let you know that both the channels and locks worked perfectly!!

Thank you again for everything!!!

So very grateful,

Bonnie
Profile picture of Tom

That's great news! Thanks again for the order, and for this verification. I'm sure the data will help other customers in the future.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.