Replacing Milgard crank window handles with knob handle

A home owner from Portland says:
Hi, I hoping to replace my crank window handles on my Milgard windows with a lower profile handle, such as a knob, so that my blinds will go straight down. Do you have a replacement part that would fit for me? Thank you, Fran
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named What I want it to look like.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named What it looked like.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named What it looks like without crank handle.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Width of crank handle opening.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

We sell the 39-205 folding handle. However, this won't give you the clearance needed for blinds. The problem isn't the handle, it's the stem that the handle installs over which is shown in the third photo. It sticks out too far for most blinds. The only solution we've found is to pack the blinds out to make way for the operator, not the other way around. 

Hi, I don't know if you will get this note twice because I couldn't tell if it went through on my phone. I wonder if I could replace the handle and the stem? To a folding model. I'm adding a picture of a different window that has a folding handle, I wonder if you have that part. I would need instructions. Thank you, Fran
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named New window opener?.jpg
Hi! I wanted to add that I have been able to swap out the handles that I have for the knobs that I have - they both fit on the existing stems. Would you please tell me what the replacement part is for this knob? I will want an additional 6 knobs. Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Matching fit.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Knob I want and stem it fits on.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Approximate size .jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

We do sell the 39-375 and 39-376 cover and handles. You would just need to see if your old cover can be removed from the base of the operator. In some cases, the cover is built into the assembly and can't be removed but I'm not sure if that's the case with yours. 

As for the knob, see the 39-115. This appears to be what you're looking for. 

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.