Replacing my slider door lock to keyed lock

A home owner from san jose,ca says:
Hi, I found your KEYED MORTISE STYLE HANDLE SET, 4-15/16" lock to potentially be a replacement to my current lock, which is not keyed (I would like to lock it from outside).

Could you tell me, what are other related items to buy to complete the installment? I saw there is the lock, the keyed lock, the striker and the striker plate etc. If you can give me a list, that would be great.

Also, my door opens from left to right (on the left edge of the door, see pics), your photo seems to imply this lock is on the right edge of the door. Is there a left version?

Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210306_212405.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210306_212422.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210306_212456.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210306_212512.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm not convinced that the 82-081 can work for you. The installation holes on your handle set are very different from ours. They look like they're spaced further apart and they're going right through the pull itself, whereas the screws for the 82-081 come in from the sides. Can you confirm the hole spacing there?

As for what other parts you need, that would depend on what's broken. Assuming your mortise and keeper are still working, then you can just reuse them. That is of course only if the mortise is compatible with the 82-080, which I'm not sure about. I would like to see a photo of it out of the door if possible.

Hi Tom, Thank you. So between the screens it is 4 7/8 - 15/16. Between the black metal screws on the inside (3rd photo) it is 3 3/4. Based on above, do you have a recommendation yet? I need to find someone to help me to take it off. Best,
Profile picture of Tom

So, if the screw spacing on the handle is 4-15/16", then that has increased the odds that our 82-081 will work. I still need a clear photo of the mortise lock out of the door, though. Let me know if you can do that for me.

Please see the photos of the lock and let me know if you think that handle will work.

Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210310_092150.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210310_092224.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210310_092234.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210310_092247.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, thank you! So, that looks like our 82-269, which cinches it as far as I'm concerned. The 82-269 mortise is specifically designed to work with the 82-081. I now believe firmly that this handle set is what you want.

Thank you. Could you confirm with items in totality that I should purchase? Do I need all three -- 82-081, 82-310, 82-269 for this to work?
Profile picture of Tom

Assuming your mortise lock is in good condition, you can continue to reuse it. I only wanted to see it to make sure that our 82-081 is compatible, which it is. The 82-081 also already comes with a key lock, so there's no reason to buy that separately. From what I see, the only part you need is the 82-081.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.