Older 39-025 with half moon cutout

A friend from Honolulu says:
I'm wondering about the new 39-025 arm link, it doesn't have the half moon cut out in the metal, it's solid. Will that interfere with the window closing? Sorry I'm a novice with repairs
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I know the original operator used by Silverline had a cut gear but I have replaced it with the 39-025 without any problem in the past. We also offer operators used on the Crossly windows, the 39-251 and the 39-252. These have a short link arm that has a threaded hole at the end which takes the shoulder screw 33-067. It also has that cut gear that you say you need. Take note that you might need to drill out the hole in the window linkage to use the shoulder screw. Look over the specifications of these parts and if you're still not sure if one of these could work, feel free to get back to us with detailed photos of your original operator uninstalled, along with written-out dimensions compared to ours. Thank you. 

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.