Retainer for vinyl window encasement came off

A quick learner from Montreal Quebec Canada says:
Hello
This retainer came off suddenly as we opened this window. The 3 screws on the vinyl got stripped. We tried to use different sizes screws and nothing holds. We are asking for help. A solution that can withstand the mechanism force it will sustain as we open and close this window. We are puzzled as to why when screwing a slightly bigger screw it is difficult than easy then difficult again. ? We don't know which thread size to use.
Any help will be appreciated. We live in Quebec Canada where we have cold winters. Thank you in advance. Sincerely Vanessa.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7859.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7855.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7857.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7858.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, maybe I can help. Believe it or not I actually had the same problem at my son's house. Take a look at the 39-560 sash bracket. This is the type he had. What I did was to put a little larger screw into the existing holes and then drill up into the top hole in the bracket. I then installed a screw like the 33-090 up into the window at the bottom. 

What you could do is take that bracket which you've already removed from the window and drill some holes at its top end. You could then install one or two screws up into the bottom of the frame to secure it. It's not ideal but it may just circumnavigate the problem you have.

How to install an Encore dyad operator
How to install an Encore dyad operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.