Rollyson Window Weatherstripping

A handy person from New Jersey says:
My sister bought her house new in 1993 and it came with Rollyson windows. They are airtight - really solid windows - even after all these years, but the plastic weatherstripping (I think it's weatherstripping) on the bottom of some of the windows is a bit cracked and/or chipped. And, it seems to have yellowed over time? See the attached picture. Is it possible to just pull that stripping up and replace it? would she have to do the whole window or could she just do the bottom piece? Would the color look off? The question is, how can she freshen/update the windows without replacing them? They are really, really solid windows. Hoping this is a project she can take on one room at a time over an extended period. Thanks so much!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window frame.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We can't be positive with the part still installed but I believe you may be showing the Rollyson 55-158-6 vinyl glazing bead. The photo shows the underside of the glazing with two ridges. To remove the vinyl glazing, place a thin putty knife between the metal frame and the vinyl glazing. Then, push the knife in and twist the vinyl out as you work the knife down the frame. Being old, the vinyl will probably break apart taking it out so you may want to order extra to be safe. Thanks for posting. 

Profile diagram of 55-158-6
Profile diagram of 55-158-6

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.