SGD-R20 two questions

A home owner from Houston, TX says:
Hello,

I own a home with a 70 x 79 inch double sliding door, model SGD-R20.

First question--the lock that the handle latches onto has disappeared (it's a rental home, so not sure when it disappeared....). So I need what seems to be called a lock keeper. See picture--it is the kind that screws into the vertical stationary part that the door closes onto. The old one was 3/4 inch wide by 2 1/4 inch long, and the two holes are 2 5/8 inches apart. Can you let me know what part I should order to replace this?

Second question--the track that the door slides on has cracked, so the door is difficult to open and close. Not sure if the cracked track is the problem, and/or whether I need new rollers (or to adjust the current rollers). Can you let me know your recommendation on what to do?

See attached pictures for more details.

Thanks!!

David S.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230607_123640.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230607_123823.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230611_112838.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230611_112841.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230611_112851.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey David. This flush mount handle set looks similar to our 82-002. A possible keeper that works with this set is the 89-003. Take a look at the specifications listed below and see if you think this might work for you.

Alternate image for 89-003
Alternate image for 89-003

Now, as far as the patio door track goes, wear to the rollers definitely could have been a cause of the track cracking, and it's worth inspecting them to see if they need to be cleaned or even replaced. This blog article here details sliding glass door maintenance, you may find it helpful. If your track seems serviceable beyond the crack that's formed, a cover like our 80-102 might be a nice solution to improve its movement. See the end profile dimensions below to determine if it could fit your old track.

Dimensions of 80-102 Track Cover
Dimensions of 80-102 Track Cover

A home owner from Houston, TX says:
Bob--thanks for your quick response. I've ordered the 89-003 keeper, and I'll measure my track tomorrow to see if the 80-102 cover might work. Thanks!!
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a sliding glass door track cover
How to install a sliding glass door track cover
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.