SLIDING MIRROR DOOR HARDWARE

A quick learner says:
I spoke to someone yesterday who recommended that I send an email to your HELP line to get some assistance in obtaining replacement hardware for several closet mirror glass sliding doors. Below are photographs of the 2 types of hardware that we need. We will need 12 of the 2 wheel hardware and 4 of the 1 wheel hardware. Some brief background. The 2 wheel hardware is about 35 to 40 years old and has no identifying marks as to the manufacturer. The 2 wheel hardware is about 23 years old and has Del Mar Eng. stamped on it.
>
> Both hardware have 1-1/2 inch wheels. I can provide you with more specific dimensions if you need them. I can also send 1 each of the rollers if that would help. I note that it appears that your rollers are metal and ours are nylon and plastic. Does this make a significant difference? I guess that there is another alternative, which is to just replace the rollers. Your comment on that option would be appreciated. Also, based on your experience if there are other options I would appreciate your comment.
>
> I have reviewed your website and looked at many of your 400+ pages of roller guides but have not seen any that are 100% identical to mine, but I may have missed some. Part 23-288 looks very close to the 1 wheel guide but the top is slightly different and the wheel diameter is 1-1/4" as opposed to 1-1/2". Also, Part 81-138 looks very close to the 2 wheel hardware but the wheel diameter is 1-1/8" diameter.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0594.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0592.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0589.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0585.JPG
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

Thank you for reaching out to us. I think our 81-138 looks like a better match for your multi-wheeled roller but take a look at the specifications and see how they compare. However, I'm afraid we don't sell your exact single-wheel roller but the 23-288 that you picked out is our best option.

If you want to stick with nylon wheels, see the 81-236 wheel and 81-310 axle repair kit. 

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.