Sash Balance

A professional from Conroe, TX says:
I have a building that has some bad sash balances. They are a 27C block and tackle tilt sash balance that are 9/16" wide.

I do not know the manufacture of the windows, it is an older building.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SSC SASH BALANCE PIC 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SSC SASH BALANCE PIC 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 27C BSI
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! The balance you have here will need to be a custom made assembly since it has a 15-036 Channel Balance Hook attached to the bottom. The compatible pivot shoe has been discontinued and is no longer available, so you'll need to reuse the old shoes if you are not able to locate a replacement for them. Unfortunately, the shoes we carry would not work as a suitable replacement.

I've forwarded a link with a quote for (2) balances as there is a minimum of (2) balances per custom balance. Please let me know if you would link a higher quantity of balances and I would be happy to update the quote for you.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

A handy person from St. Louis, MO says:
I would like to request a quote for similar set up as above. I am looking for quantity 12 of S770-35-35B balance with 15-036 hooks pre-attached, if possible.

I attached a few photos if you wouldn't mind looking to see if I am headed in the right direction. The 1-7/16" height shown in the 15-036 hook catalog photo matches mine (mainly questioning the approx 0.33" hook center to center width not shown in catalog).
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231226_211530.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231226_211611.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231226_211508.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231226_211517.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hey there,

Thanks for writing in! Your balance does appear to be the same style as is shown above. I've forwarded a link with a quote for the (12) requested balances. You'll be able to use this link to review the quote and place the order from your online.

Please feel free to reach out with any other questions you might have.

Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.