Sash stop

A quick learner says:
My sash stop broke but when I went to remove it there is a second screw witch is broke off?
It is same on the other Sash stop also.

Is this some kind of secondary securing method.

I have seen something like this in automotive repair. I believe it was some kind of bolt that breaks at a specific torque.

Thanks Mike
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sash stop screw
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there Mike.

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm afraid it's hard to get a good look at your sash stop from this photo. Would you be able to remove it and show us a few photos? I can't promise we'll be able to help but that should help us confirm. 

A quick learner says:
That's the problem the top screw you can remove but the bottom screw does not have a head. Same on the other side. It looks like they are intentionally remove.

Mike
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sash bottom screw inside window frame view.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sash stop not zoom in.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sash stop zoom in.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Your top sash guide reminds me of the 18-179. Have a look at the specifications and see how they compare with your old part.

I'm not sure if you need that bottom screw to install the top sash guide though. If you don't have to remove it, the better. You would need to remove the glass from the sash and take off the top rail off the window most likely to access those screws to remove them. If you can install the top sash guides and the window operates then it may be best to leave it well enough alone. 

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.