Schucco casement widnow crank

A home owner from Ilinois says:
Hi,

I have a Shucco casement window installed in 2004. The crank has come out. Any idea what I need to replace it with? The window itself is fine. I can insert the handle/crank back in the hole and turn it to open it, but it doesn't go all the way back in and I can't close it. And of course the handle pulls right back out
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2082.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2083.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2085.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2086.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2087.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to help but since the worm gear has separated from the base, unfortunately, the entire operator will need to be replaced. We would need to see a top-down photo of your operator with the window open so that the arms that move the sash are fully visible to compare to our inventory. Thank you! 

Hi Casey,

I was afraid of that. Is the attached picture what you are looking for?

Mike
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2090.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

That's exactly what we needed to see. Your operator looks like a match to either the 39-140 or 39-083, depending on how the dimensions below compare to yours. Take a look and let us know if you have any other questions. 

Dimensions for 39-140
Dimensions for 39-140

Dimensions for 39-083
Dimensions for 39-083

Excellent - Definitely 16 inches, not 21 inches.
One other question. Does 39-120 have an 11/32 spline. Going to need a new crank hamdle since I can't get the worm gear out - which is of course why it broke in the first place.

Thanks,

Mike
Profile picture of Casey

Sure, the 39-140 operator is compatible with the standard 39-114L or folding 39-205 handles. Just let us know if you have any other questions.  

Great news - I received the product, installed it and it was perfect. Appreciate it!

Mike
Profile picture of Casey

That's great to hear! We'll be here if you need anything else. 

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Awning Operator
How to Replace an Awning Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.