Screen Pin

A home owner from Lancaster PA says:
I am looking for the pins that screw in at the top of the screens and can't find them. I attached a picture of the pin I took off on one of the screens as an example of what I need.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Picture of pin for Peach tree window screen. .jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not carry the exact pin you show in your photo. With that being said, take a look at the spring-loaded pins and videos related on this page. I have used these types of pins in the past to use as a top pin for window screens. In some cases, I would drill a hole just large enough to pass the pin through without using the spring and cap. Take a look to see if this could work for your application.

A home owner from Lancaster PA says:
Dave, Thank you for your follow up on this request. However the design of the screen frame will not allow the pin latches to be installed on them. the frame tapers towards the screen not allowing any space for the pin to go on the inside of the frame. I will get a steel rod that fits into the hole and then epoxy it in to create the same effect of the pin sticking up about 1/2 an inch to go into the window frame.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Not sure of the diameter you need for your pin, but take a look at the 91-179 aluminum slide bolt. See if you could cut and epoxy that size pin in your screen frame. Also, see if you could epoxy one of the plunger pins into your screen frame using only the pin.

How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a window screen latch
How to install a window screen latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a screen window plunger pin
How to install a screen window plunger pin
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.