Screen door roller

A quick learner from USA says:
Hello, I have a few traditional aluminum frame screen doors at a rental property that are continuously requiring adjustment and/or reinstalling.

Sorry I don't have photos and can't get any for a couple of weeks so I'll have to describe the situation.

The sliding door opening is 12 feet with a pair of 3 foot bypass screens on each side that meet in the middle. There is a single "U" shaped track on top and bottom. There are 2 spring loaded adjustable rollers on top and bottom of each screen. The opening into which the tracks are installed is not square and, as a result, there is up to 3/8" or more variation in the opening height. I'd rather not try to fix the variation in the tracks if there is an option for a better quality, more adjustable, spring loaded roller or other hardware that will resolve the issue.

The current roller is similar to this https://www.homedepot.com/p/Prime-Line-1-in-Nylon-Spring-Loaded-Sliding-Screen-Door-Rollers-Columbia-2-pack-B-530/100147508

Is there a "GOAT" spring loaded, adjustable roller you suggest that will compensate for the variation? Is it possible to install an adjustable tandem roller that can be used as a replacement for a single roller? Is there such a thing as a spring loaded "tensioner" or other hardware that can be installed on the top of the frame that will keep the screen on the track?

Thanks for your assistance!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. There isn't quite the roller you are describing, but I have an idea. Remove old roller and instead place our 84-008 roller in the opening. Attach it with 33-071 screw under the door rail. The adjusting screw on your old wheel might be long enough to use with this roller; if not, try using either our 84-502 or 84-506. For the top of the screen, you could use two 86-012 top tension springs. I've done this on a few of my own doors and it's worked great; without seeing your old door and hardware I can't get more specific or be certain if you'd run into any issues, but please review and let us know what you think.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.