Searching for 20 3 KW CMC 11

A quick learner says:
Hello! I need to replace my 21" channel balancers for a single hung non tilt window.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Jen
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7294.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, Jen.

We should be able to help with this. I just can't identify your hardware from this photo alone. Can you upload photos of the top and bottom fittings as shown in the video below?

A quick learner from Chino Hills, CA says:

Thanks so much! I hope these photos are clear.

Jen 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7297.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7301.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7304.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7300.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7302.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

This is perfect! Thank you for getting that for us. It appears you have either our Series 380 or Series 385 channel balance. You'll have to measure as shown below to determine which one is best for your repair. Based on your 20 3 stamp, I recommend the 2030 option. 

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

That was a tough measurement but the balance shoe is 1".

Thanks for the repair videos. Seems straightforward. Any advice?

I want to replace both since they are the same age, and the other is likely close to breaking.

Jen
Profile picture of Emily

We don't have any specific tips since the replacement process is indeed pretty straightforward. The repair should go smoothly if you follow the steps shown in the video below. 

It's also a great idea to replace balances on both sides of the window. We always recommend that. Pairing a new balance with an old one would only cause the new balance to wear out much faster. 

Thanks for the videos. Which channel balances should I purchase?

Jen
Profile picture of Emily

You'd want the S380-21 with the 2030 option since your bottom fitting measures 1" deep. All orders can be placed on our website at your convenience! 

Thanks so much for all of your help! I was quoted $370 from someone to repair this. It doesn't appear to be that difficult, just physical.

Thanks again!

Jen

PS: just ordered the parts.

Profile picture of Emily

No problem! I'm happy I could help. Please let me know if you need anything else and good luck with the repair!

Thank you for all of your help. I installed my channel balancers in 15 minutes (including removing and reinstalling window).

I was quoted $300 for labor on this and $70 for the parts. That quickly led me to the DYI because how badly could I possibly mess it up? Not at all.

You guys are awesome and videos helpful.

Thanks,

Jen
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7463.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7464.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7465.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7467.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you for the update, Jen! I'm so happy to hear the repair went well. You know where to find us should you have any future hardware questions or repairs! 

How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.