Searching for 22" vertical rod crank casement window

A quick learner says:
TAFCO (?) two-light crank out casement window installed 2004.

[Turns out contractor used discontinued track-lighting units - unsurprised when I couldn't find window ;->]

Cranks still work, but mountings for the 23"x.50" flat vertical rod in each window broke.

Zoom = some ID on glass.

Thanks for looking.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231021_121948.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231021_115042.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231021_122529.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231021_122216.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231021_121508.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look at the 39-448 tie bar guide, as well as the related installation video. We also offer two 22.9" long tie bars, the 38-903 with cone rollers and the 38-953 that uses interlock rollers. We would need to see a photo of your entire tie bar showing the top and bottom to confirm if one of them could work for your repair. Thank you! 

A quick learner says:
Casey - THANK YOU!!
I looked, I read, I watched video.
Here are bars and their placement . . In reverse order ;->
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231025_130650.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231025_130709.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231025_130701.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231025_130719.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. It looks like the 38-953 interlock roller tie bar would be our best replacement option. With that being said, you would need to confirm that the length below matches up to yours. It also looks like one of the rollers may have broken off of your tie bar but you could check another window in the house to be sure. 

Dimensions for 38-953 tie bar
Dimensions for 38-953 tie bar

A quick learner says:
These are the only casement windows in the house.

And I'm not sure why you think one tie bar is missing a roller.

My pictures are of
two identical tie bars laying side by side,

one with rollers facing up,
one with rollers facing down.

each has 3 rollers
and one hole.

Does this help clarify what might work?
Thanks for your patience!

Judith

A quick learner says:
My bars' measurements are an exact match for the ones you mention.

BUT - again - and I am so sorry for whatever I said that got my question filed forever under
"Search for 22" bar" -

**I do NOT need 22" or almost 23" bars**

The 2 bars pictured are not broken, bent, or missing any parts.

As seemed understood at first, i need the CLIPS that secure and allow the bar model# you mentio to pull a window in close enough to be locked shut.

Thanks for listening - again!

Judith

Profile picture of Casey

I'm sorry for the confusion. The difference between our tie bar and yours is that ours has a fourth roller that functions as a lock drive point, which yours does not have. That's what made me wonder if yours might have been missing that particular part since there is a small hole in the middle of your tie bars, which could have been where a fourth wheel was attached. If not, unforutnately, we do not carry an exact replacement with only three rollers as shown in your photos. 

As for the clips, I thought that you were referring to the tie bar guides shown in your original photos, which is why we mentioned the 39-448 as a replacement in our initial response. If that is not the clip that you're referring to, we would need to see a clear photo of the original clip that you still need to replace to determine if it is something that we carry. 

A quick learner says:
Wow. I sent pictures of my broken clips with first set of photos.

That's when you told me to look at clips and watch video.

But Ok! Starting over.
Here are the clips used on my windows.

Thanks for looking.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231021_122529.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231021_122216.jpg
A quick learner says:
SORRY! Very late and very tired.

I will order those clips - I had hoped to find out the difference between to two clip models that are pictured under the bars.

Thanks again.
Profile picture of Casey

Thank you for clarifying. The 39-448 and 39-417 tie bar guides are very similar and can be used interchangeably in most cases. I recommended the 39-448 since it is a closer match to your original part with more projection than the 39-417, which may prevent needing to pack it out with washers. Take a look at the video below for more information on these parts. 

A quick learner says:
Thanks! Your outfit is a lifesaver.
Profile picture of Casey

We're happy to help. Just let us know if you need anything else. 

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO 39-417 Tie Bar Guide
SWISCO 39-417 Tie Bar Guide
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing tie bar guides
Replacing tie bar guides
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.