Searching for 24 cz

A quick learner says:
Hello i have an older model window and it is a block and tackle style. When i removed the old balances out to look at the size, all it says is 24 CZ. The length of the balance is 25" from the metal ends. The width was 1/2 inch. Do you have a model that's similar to that description? Let know if I need send pictures.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to look into this for you but the stamp code only indicates the strength needed to support the weight of the sash, not the correct replacement. We would also expect there to be numbers following the 24 in your stamp. If you could show us photos of your balance assembly removed from the window, including both ends and the stamp code, we can go from there. Thank you!

A quick learner says:
Hello, so i just read your reply. I've looked all over this channel balance and only can find "24CZ".
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230502_161926559.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230502_161833153.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230502_161817447.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. Unfortunately, the top fitting of the balance shown in your photo is broken and the bottom fitting is only partially visible. We would need to see undamaged end fittings to compare to our inventory. I would recommend checking the balance on the other side of the sash or an identical window in the house. 

A home owner says:
Ok so i took some pictures of the actual window. I'm not if this helps or not but i did notice a stamp on the window. I'm sending it to you and see what you think. Something did happen here still scratching my head how did this occur.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230503_181531809.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230503_175751091.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230503_175820326.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230503_180055958.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230503_180152154.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, these photos do not tell us anything new about the balances being used. I'm also not quite sure what is being shown in your first photo. It does look like the fourth photo may be showing a damaged top sash guide. If so, we would need to see an undamaged version removed from one of your windows with written-out dimensions to compare to our inventory. We will also still need to see both end fittings of an undamaged channel balance to confirm the correct replacement. 

A home owner says:
Ok i understand, but i think both sides of that window are damaged. I wish i could spot anything on there that is not damaged. I figured showing you the brand stamp "moss-2-83" would help. Is it possible i can order any universal parts for this particular window?
Profile picture of Casey

I completely understand your situation but, unfortunately, windows do not use universal hardware. The manufacturer chooses specific parts based on the specifications of their windows. Since we do not have a record of the parts that they used, seeing intact versions of the original hardware is the only way for us to recommend replacement parts. Is there another window in the house that uses the same hardware? If so, I would recommend removing an undamaged balance from another window, along with any other parts that you think may need to be replaced, to show us. 

A home owner says:
Yes ma'am unfortunately that's the only window of the particular brand in the house. I guess if all else fails ill have to replace the whole window. I appreciate your time and help.
Profile picture of Casey

Thank you for confirming. We can't be positive without seeing undamaged hardware but seeing detailed photos of the bottom fittings of your original balances that are partially visible in your photos could still help us narrow down your options. I would also recommend double-checking to make sure that your balance channel measures exactly 1/" wide rather than 3/8".

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.