Searching for Pella part # V983021

A quick learner from Nipomo, CA 93444 says:

I need to replace a part on my single hung Pella window (see attached photo). It's the " auto lock and keeper", part # V983021. I spoke with a representative from Pella and although they do have this item it would be extremely expensive. If you per chance have this part can you quote me a better price.

Thank you for your assistance,

Bob

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear of your experience, however, I believe we can get you set up with a replacement at a reasonable price.

Take a look at our 90-252 Latch Mechanism. Carefully compare the dimensions from the diagram below to your existing latch mechanism to determine if this is the replacement you'll need. The compatible latch cover is part 90-253. The keeper you have appears to be the 90-254 Surface Mount Strike.

Alternate image for 90-252
Alternate image for 90-252

Alternate view of 90-252
Alternate view of 90-252

Alternate view of 90-252
Alternate view of 90-252

Dimensions for 90-254
Dimensions for 90-254

Once you've confirmed the measurements, the pricing can be viewed on the website prior to checking out. You'll be able to calculate the shipping costs there as well.

A quick learner from Nipomo, CA 93444 says:
The catch mechanism (90-252) appears to be the exact part after measuring and although it's cover (90-253) looks slightly different the measurements are the same. The keeper (90-254) is slightly different in measurements and appearance. Fortunately the keepers are not broken and won't need to be replaced. I will be ordering (6) of the catch mechanisms (90-252) and (6) of the covers (90-253). Hopefully they all work.
I will say that the Pella windows themselves are great but their locking mechanisms are pretty flimsy. I will, no doubt, probably need further replacements in the future and will keep your info available for sure.

Thank you so much for your assistance.
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Awesome, I'm happy to help! I'm glad to hear that the latch mechanism and cover are a fit. Also that you're able to reuse the keeper.

Please feel free to reach out with any other questions.

Have a great day!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.