Series 120 application

A home owner from Winter Springs Florida says:
Will MI FLUSH MOUNT LATCH SET WITH NITE LOCK, 6-5/8"
Product Code: 82-085 fit on an MI Series 120 Slider? The stock handle sticks out too far and obstructs retractable screen.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191113_105452.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191113_105455.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, I don't believe the 82-085 or other box handle sets will work with this door. Can you confirm the hole spacing, or the distance between the center of each mounting hole, on your current handle set? Is it 3-15/16" or 4-15/16"? Either way, it's unlikely we'll find a handle set that can prevent obstruction of the blinds; unfortunately, door manufactures often don't consider screens and blinds when building these doors. We can still try just to be safe; just give me the hole spacing of your handle set and I can review your possible options. Thanks.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.