Single arm operator and sash locks

A quick learner from Boston, MA says:

Hello,

From checking your site I believe the sash locks replacement would be 38-097 LH and 38-098 RH with new keepers 38-079.

However, for the window operators (which I confirm is 9-1/2") seem like 39-027E and 39-028E just not 100% due to the fact the cut sheet on the Ellipse does not show the width of the part on the "interior" (or maybe it does not matter..).

The part I feel I need more help/confirmation is the track. I noticed the part 39-505 but it is only 11-3/8" and the existing are 14". I wonder since the operator part does not travel on the 14" if the shorter ones are fine or another part number.

I also was thinking crank 39-114L but if you think another could be better let me know as well.

Thank you

Nathalie

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2124.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2125.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2128.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us, Nathalie. Your operator is a very, very old style that is unfortunately no longer made. The 39-027E and 39-028E are pretty good picks, as far as potential alternatives go, but you should be aware that using these to replace your old operators is going to come with a lot of handiwork. These aren't going to be a 1:1 fit; in addition to drilling new holes, you will almost certainly need to cut the wood trim to fit over the new style base.

As for the track, you're assessment is more or less correct. Since you're using different operators, it should be okay to use a different track. In a worst case scenario you window may not be able to open by the same amount of inches, but more realistically you probably won't notice a difference. However you should note that you will likely need to drill new holes for this track to install on the sash, as well; just be mindful not to hit the glass.

I would rank this project as being fairly difficult. If you aren't handy, or if you've never done this before, you may want the help of a local professional to do it for you.

A quick learner from Boston, MA says:
Thank you! Pretty handy so I will give it a shot but wait for the temperatures to climb a bit

Nathalie
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sounds like a plan! Best of luck with this project, and please feel free to reach out if you needed anything else.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.