Sliders Weather Stripping

A contractor from Palos Verdes, California says:

Hello,

I wanted to seek some help identifying a resolution for a poorly manufactured sliding doors for a project that we recently took over. We have 8 three panels sliding doors that have about 0.5 to 0.75" gap between the panels and the track in the top and the bottom. I'm trying to weather proof and enhance the air tightness of these windows.

I'm attaching few pictures and would like to see if you have a resolution for this problem.

Regards,

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6C8DB4CD-4EC0-43D1-92B3-5C17D8F683CF.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6B09DE471C15-1.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

Thank you for reaching out to us. Do you have an undamaged sample you can remove and show us? We would specifically need to see the end profile. 

It's not possible for us to identify missing weatherstripping, unfortunately. If this is the case, contacting the original manufacturer or supplier of the door would be your best bet if you can track them down. 

Hello Emily,

Thanks for your response. The windows were manufactures without a channel for weather stripping. Is there anyway we can add it to the exterior of the panels without a channel?

Regards,
Profile picture of Emily

The only thing we sell that might be worth considering is the 58-180 Stick-On Foam Door Seal. I just can't guarantee it will work, unfortunately. Take a look and see what you think. 

So that goes on the side or the top and bottom?

Do you have any suggestions for the top and bottom gaps?
Profile picture of Emily

Keep in mind that this part is designed for prime doors, not sliding glass doors. It can install on the hinge side, strike side, and header of a prime door.

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.