Sliding Door Guide

A quick learner from IL says:
Hi, purchased a mirror sliding door at Menards a while back, and the bottom door guide broke, is your part compatible?
https://www.swisco.com/Bottom-Guide/pd/Sliding-Closet-Door-Rollers_Guides/23-026
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240418_171345.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Our 23-026 does look very similar to your old guide, yes. That's no the only option, though; another possibility is our 23-215. The major difference between them is the style of the bracket that goes under the door. The 23-026 has a hooked bracket, whereas the 23-215 has a bracket that's flat and screws in. Our photos below will show you what I mean.

There's also the possibility that you have some third option I've never seen before, but I can't say for sure. Your next step is to remove your guide from the door to determine what kind of cross bracket your guide housing has, either hooked or screw-on, then pick accordingly. Also be sure to check the other dimensions we show for these products just in case.

Profile view of 23-026
Profile view of 23-026

A quick learner from IL says:
Thank you! Stupid question, how do I remove the guide from the door?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That's not a stupid question at all, it's actually a pretty common one since it's not immediately obvious how that's done. These rollers aren't screwed in but rather hook directly into the frame. To remove them, you need to take the door down and place it on a stable surface; the floor will do fine, if you have the space. Once it's flat and stable, you want to take a pair of pliers and firmly work the hooks out of the slot.

It's going to seem like it won't come out at first, but that's by design. You don't want them falling off during operation, after all. Just keep wriggling it back and forth and eventually you'll start to feel it loosening.

Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.