Sliding Glass Door Roller Replacement

A home owner from Utah says:

I have a large sliding glass door and my current rollers are very worn and need replacement. The wheels are 1 1/4 in diameter, height is 1 1/8, and width/thickness is about 11/16 inches.

See attached pictures and please let me know if you have a suitable replacement roller or need any more information.

Mike

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Roller1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Roller2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Roller3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Roller4.jpg
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hi Mike, thank you for posting,

Unfortunately we are not able to provide a suitable replacement for this roller assembly. If the housing is reusable, the only thing we can supply is seeing if you can replace the wheel only. We carry the 81-266 1-1/4" wheel and axle kit. Take a look at the video below and let us know if you have any additional questions. 

A home owner from Utah says:
Hi Lauren, and thanks for the reply. It looks like the 81-266 wheel kit would work. It looks like it comes with different options for the axle. Do you know which if any of those are more durable or would be most preferable?
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I am going to reach out to one of our senior experts to see if they have a preference in the axle style to use. I will be in contact as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience! 

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Looking further into your existing roller, I found that the supplier suggested to take a look at the 81-139 roller which comes with either a steel or nylon 1-1/4" diameter wheel. Check your dimensions to see if you can use this wheel. As for the wheel and axle kit, if that is the way you want to go I would recommend using the 81-266. There is not a specific axle that is more durable, the kit comes with multiple to make this a more versatile repair. Take a look on the website at the suggested hardware and related information and videos.

Alternate image for 81-139
Alternate image for 81-139

How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.