Sliding glass door lock

A quick learner from Texas says:
Hello, I am looking to see how I can fix broken pins on the locking mechanism on our sliding glass door. It looks like part #82-244 is the correct replacement but the pins that the screws would screw into to hold this piece into place have broken . Any suggestions? Is there maybe a different kind of handle I can switch to instead? My screw holes on the handle are 4" o.c.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6286.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6287.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6288.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6289.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Although we do not carry the posts, I believe that you should be able to pick them up at a local hardware store. You will need two "through bolts", along with the proper size and length of screw needed to fit the bolts. I also believe that you'll need to remove the handle side door stile on the patio door to install the "bolts". You might want to have a professional do the work if you are not confident with this type of repair to ensure that you don't accidentally damage the door or the glass.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.