I need to replace the balance coils
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0615.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0611.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0605.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0607.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0609.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. Since this is a Simonton brand window, I recommend the 15-259 pivot shoe. The video below will go over all the details you need. Take a look and let me know if you have any questions. 

A handy person from Northern Kentucky says:
So I ordered the pivot shoe and the bar along with the single coil support and the 8.5 lb coil because the old coils use screws not tangs. I didn't realize my windows had double coils on each side. I added pics. I guess i should have paid closer attention. If I order 2 more 8.5 lb coils would that be enough or should I order bigger ones. I am going to order the double support either way. Also the lower sash needs all this as well so I will need to order all this for it too.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1177.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1176.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1175.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

It would depend on how much the sash weighs. Two 8.5-pound coil springs on each side of the window total 34 pounds of overall support. You would need to weigh the window sash on a scale to confirm if you haven't already. 

For a new double coil spring support, see the 15-256

How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.